Carbon Smart is seeking an experienced sustainability consultant to join our growing team. The successful candidate will work in our environmental reporting team, supporting clients to understand and fulfil their reporting obligations (mandatory and voluntary). They will have experience of collecting, analysing and calculating emissions from environmental data including scope 1,2 and 3 categories. They will also have a proven track record of client account management and the ability to produce engaging, high value reports for clients across a wide variety of reporting obligations and frameworks including (but not limited to): GHG protocol standards, mandatory GHG reporting, CRC Energy Efficiency Scheme, CDP, UNGC, FTSE 4 Good and GRI.
About the role
We are seeking a candidate with previous experience and a proven passion for environmental reporting; roles and responsibilities will be to:
- Deliver multi-year environmental reporting engagements to high profile clients
- Produce award-winning deliverables for clients and grow relationships
- Ensure the effective delivery of projects including responsibility for project budgets, schedules and resources
- Secure new business and develop existing relationships
- Stay up to date with market needs and respond by developing new services and team skills
- Grow our reputation and develop proposals / respond to tenders
- Research and networking
Skills and experience sought
- Two years of sustainability experience in a leading consultancy or equivalent in-house role
- Experience of sustainability reporting across scope 1, 2 and 3 and wider CSR indicators
- Experience of reporting regulation and frameworks: GHG protocol standards, mandatory GHG reporting, CRC Energy Efficiency Scheme, CDP, UNGC, FTSE 4 Good and GRI
- Experience of report writing and strategy development
- Experience of managing and delivering projects on time, on budget and to a high standard
- Experience of developing and managing client relationships with a commercial outlook
- A great communicator, with impact at all levels, in writing, verbally and in presentations
- Experience of developing and facilitating workshops and/or communication events
- Numerate, analytical, computer literate – at ease with qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Experience of budget management
- A minimum 2:1 relevant degree level qualification from a leading university
- Member of relevant professional bodies (desired)
- £26,000 to £36,000, depending on experience
- Company pension
- As much holiday as you want and working hours that fit you (see below information on Carbon Smart and our results oriented working environment)
- Access to employee share scheme
- Annual personal training budget of £2,000
- A coach and regular personal development planning
- Great office in central London, access to cycle to work scheme, free eye tests and regular socials
To apply, please send a cover letter explaining what you can bring to this role and how you meet the skills and experience sought along with a CV detailing your relevant experience to email@example.com with the subject title “Sustainability Consultant Application” by midnight on 27th April 2018.
Applications without a cover letter will not be reviewed. Suitable candidates will be invited to an interview for which they will need to prepare and deliver a presentation, answer questions and meet the team.
The position is intended to commence as soon as possible. Candidates without the required experience will not be considered.
CVs will be reviewed on a rolling basis giving preference to early applicants. For more information see: https://www.carbonsmart.co.uk/about-us/careers/
Founded in 2007 Carbon Smart is an employee owned, sustainability consultancy. Principled and enthusiastic, we work with corporate, public sector and smaller business clients to improve their environmental and social impact. Our services match the complexity of our client’s needs allowing them to manage the impact of their activities and realise the potential of sustainability for their businesses. Our services include sustainability data management and reporting, energy and resource efficiency, responsible supply chain management, engagement and communications work.
Our clients include household names, major global corporations, government departments and international organisations.
Ambitious and hardworking, we work in a results-based environment where team members collaborate to set agreed results that collectively add up to our company business plan. In achieving these results, they are free to choose their working hours, place of work and holidays in the way that suits them best. We invest in our careers at Carbon Smart with expert training, coaching, knowledge sharing and teamwork. We are currently in the process of providing access to our company share scheme to enable those that work at Carbon Smart to be shareholders in the business and contribute to our future direction.