Competitive salary and benefits. Great team. Lovely offices. Make a difference
Carbon Smart is seeking experienced energy consultants to join its growing team – supporting clients to improve the energy performance across their portfolios and develop flagship service offerings in response to technical developments and market needs. Several roles are available – we are looking for individuals with 2-5+ years’ experience.
You will combine technical knowledge with a proven track record of client account management. You will have experience of collecting, analysing and profiling energy data, and of supporting clients to identify and implement the most appropriate improvement solutions. The ability to not just identify improvement opportunities but to strongly and persuasively make the case for action is a must.
You will be highly numerate, comfortable with Excel and will have excellent client communication skills. Equally, you will be comfortable working with and influencing external stakeholders and senior business leaders. We are looking for ambitious people, who set high standards and are looking for a job where growth and development are key.
We take personal progression very seriously and every member of the Carbon Smart team has a career plan, clear sight of potential promotions and salary increases, a training budget and support from a career champion. We also take equal opportunities seriously and are an equal opportunities employer.
- Collect, analyse and profile energy data
- Lead energy audits and feasibility studies across a wide range of building types, including analysis of plant e.g. HVAC, heat recovery, refrigeration, lighting, UPS, and renewables.
- Develop and deliver energy performance improvement strategies, propose practical solutions and present the financial case
- Support clients to implement recommended solutions
- Ensure the effective delivery of work including responsibility for project budgets, schedules and resources
- Secure new business and develop existing relationships
- Grow our reputation and develop proposals / respond to tenders
- Research and networking
- Stay up to date with technical developments and market needs
- Develop service offerings in relation to technical developments and market needs (senior).
- Advise clients on, and help leverage, funding and finance for recommended energy management opportunities (senior)
- Advise clients on, and help develop, suitable governance models for larger-scale energy projects (senior)
- Good understanding of energy consuming equipment and plant (mechanical and electrical) and savings opportunities
- Numerate, analytical, computer literate – at ease with qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Energy auditing
- Ability to write clearly, explaining technical information to a non-technical audience
- A great communicator, with impact at all levels, in writing, verbally and in presentations
- Comfortable working with, and influencing, external stakeholders and senior business leaders
- Strong attention to detail / high work standards
- Self-motivated and ambitious
- A great personal organisation and team management
- At least two years of energy consultancy experience in a leading consultancy or equivalent in-house role
- Experience of operational and capital expenditure project identification and delivery
- Experience of delivering Energy Saving Opportunities Scheme (ESOS) projects for clients or internally (desirable)
- Experience of report writing and presenting work to clients
- Experience of managing and delivering projects on time, on budget and to a high standard
- Experience of developing and managing client relationships with a commercial outlook
- Good knowledge of financing models for energy management (senior)
- Good knowledge of governance models for energy management (senior)
- A minimum 2:1 relevant degree level qualification from a leading university in a relevant energy or engineering related subject
- Member of relevant professional bodies (i.e. CIBSE/IEMA/Energy Institute) (desired)
- £26,000 to £50,000, depending on experience
- Personal training budget
- Employee share scheme
- Flexible working
- Phone allowance
- A coach and regular personal development planning
- Great office in central London
To apply, please send a short cover letter and CV showing why you are a great candidate, why we are a good next step in your career and how you meet the skills and experience sought to email@example.com with the subject title “Energy Consultant Application” by midnight on 22nd June 2018. CVs will be reviewed on a rolling basis giving preference to early applicants.
We will not review your application without a cover letter and CV. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to a phone interview in the first instance, followed by a face-to-face interview should that go well.
About Carbon Smart
Founded in 2007 Carbon Smart is an employee-owned, sustainability consultancy. Principled and enthusiastic, we work with corporate, public sector and smaller business clients to improve their environmental and social impact. Our services match the complexity of our client’s needs allowing them to manage the impact of their activities and realise the potential of sustainability for their businesses. Our services include sustainability data management and reporting, energy and resource efficiency, responsible supply chain management, engagement and communications work.
Our clients include household names, major global corporations, government departments and international organisations.
Ambitious and hardworking, we work in a results-based environment where team members collaborate to set agreed results that collectively add up to our company business plan. In achieving these results, they are free to choose their working hours, place of work and holidays in the way that suits them best. We invest in our careers at Carbon Smart with expert training, coaching, knowledge sharing and teamwork. We are currently in the process of providing access to our company share scheme to enable those that work at Carbon Smart to be shareholders in the business and contribute to our future direction.