Renewables and decentralised energy generation
Carbon Smart works with local authorities, landlords, housing associations and site owners to scope renewable energy systems for their operations – providing a local, clean, secure supply, protecting them from the volatility of the grid and helping them cut costs and harmful emissions. We’re able to support single sites or networks of installations.
Heat networks between neighbouring buildings or local arrays of solar panels are an increasingly popular alternative to conventional energy sources. This approach can also capture energy currently being wasted and put it to use, boosting the productivity of existing arrangements. With uncertainty about future prices and security of supply from the electricity and gas grids, organisations are looking to source power elsewhere.
Clients have worked with us to:
- Conduct technology reviews – e.g. solar, CHP, heat pumps, biomass boilers
- Conduct feasibility studies – resource assessment and energy yield prediction
- Develop persuasive business cases
- Perform financial appraisals and support applications and introductions to private investors
- Provide Independent advice and installer liaison
- Manage planning applications
- Provide comprehensive project management support
- Lead engagement and communications activities
- Conduct masterplanning exercises for larger geographical areas