Who we are
Carbon Smart is an independent sustainability consultancy based in London. Our registered office address is Farringdon House, 105-107 Farringdon Road, 3rd floor, London EC1R 3BU.
Our website address is https://www.carbonsmart.co.uk.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Here at Carbon Smart, we take your privacy seriously. We collect and use personal data mainly to perform direct sales, direct marketing and customer service. We also collect data about suppliers, partners and persons seeking a job or working in our company. We collect data when:
- You are using our services
- You interact with us in person, through correspondence, by phone, by social media, or through our websites and landing pages.
- Through other legitimate sources, such as Carbon Smart partners, public sources or social networks. We ensure that this is done in compliance with all relevant data protection legislation.
Where we process personal information for purposes which are not directly to comply with our contractual or legal obligations we do so for certain legitimate business purposes. Whenever we process data for these purposes we will always ensure that we give your personal data rights due consideration and hold them in the highest regard.
Use of personal information
From time to time we would like to contact you with details of news, our thinking, webinars, events and services we offer. We send information or Carbon Smart content that we think may be of interest to you either by post, email or other means. We will do this on either the basis of consent or legitimate interest. Where we use legitimate interest, we will carefully weigh your rights against our legitimate business interests before we contact you. You will be able to opt out of communication from us at any time.
We may occasionally contact you on behalf of external business partners about an offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, we do not transfer your personal information to the third party.
If you apply for a job at Carbon Smart, we collect the data you provide during the application process.
Carbon Smart does not collect or process any special categories of personal data, such as public unique identifiers or sensitive personal data.
We will never pass your information on to anyone outside of Carbon Smart unless the law requires us to do.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
We store personal data for as long as we find it necessary to fulfil the purpose for which the personal data was collected, while also considering our need to answer your queries or resolve possible problems, to comply with legal requirements under applicable laws, to attend to any legal claims/complaints, and for safeguarding purposes.
What rights you have over your data
Under new data protection regulations, individuals (you) have enhanced rights:
- Individuals have the right to be informed as to what information we collect and how we use it.
- The right to have information we hold about you rectified.
- The right to deletion/erasure of the information we hold.
- The right of access to the information we hold. Please contact us (see details below) for a copy of the data we hold on you.
- The right to complain about any use of your personal data which you consider to be unlawful. We invite you to get in touch with us in the first instance but our supervisory authority is the UK Information Commissioners Office (ICO) and they can be contacted via their website at ico.org.uk.
- The right to restrict processing, the right to decide how we use your personal data and to change the permissions for our use of your personal information e.g. withdraw the right to send you marketing information. You have the right to object to this processing, and if you wish to unsubscribe, you can do so by contacting us.
- The right to data portability – we will send any data which you have supplied to us and which we hold to another supplier if you ask.
Carbon Smart Limited is a data controller and our Data Protection Lead can be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.