Carbon Smart is recruiting talented individuals to join our consulting team. The team works on a broad range of projects, helping our clients tackle everyday sustainability challenges. Our areas of expertise include sustainability strategy and reporting, data management, responsible supply chains, energy efficiency and renewables.
As a junior member of the team, you will support our Senior Consultants deliver sustainability projects for clients such as ASOS, Domino’s, Google and many more. You will help our senior members of the team develop sustainability strategies, calculate carbon footprints, organise and deliver roundtables and workshops amongst many other things. There is no limit to what you can get involved with as part of our growing team. An open mind, a keen interest to learn and a drive to tackle one of the greatest challenges of our generations is essential. We expect everyone at Carbon Smart to progress and promotion to more senior positions an important part of life here.
About the role
As a junior member of the team, you will work closely with our senior consultants to deliver great work. You will strive to deliver quality, value and satisfaction to our clients.
You will help our team:
- Coordinate data collection and analysis for energy audits and carbon footprints
- Provide on and off-site environmental support to businesses
- Support the delivery of Carbon Smart’s certification programme to a range of businesses
- Liaise directly with clients in person and over the phone
- Create marketing materials, articles and generate engaging case studies
- Carry out market research
- Coordinate successful client facing events
- Provide administrative support across a variety of programmes
We are looking for a self-starter who either holds a minimum 2.1 honours degree or has relevant business experience in project-based work or sustainability.
- Numerate, analytical, computer literate – at ease with qualitative and quantitative analysis
- A confident approach, self-motivated with excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent organisational skills; being able to manage multiple projects to tight deadlines is essential
- Good problem-solving skills
- A flexible and team focused working style
- Sustainability experience in a leading consultancy or equivalent in-house role
- Experience of sustainability reporting across scope 1, 2 and 3 and wider CSR indicators
- Experience of managing and delivering projects on time, on budget and to a high standard
- Experience of developing and managing client relationships with a commercial outlook
- Experience of developing and facilitating workshops and/or communication events
- Applicants should be eligible to work in the UK at the time of application.
Competitive; depending on experience
How to apply
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter explaining why you are interested in joining the Carbon Smart team, what you are hoping to gain from working with us and how you would you contribute to our business. In addition, please attach a short article/blog entry (600 words max.) on a sustainability topic of your choice – all the above should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: Monday 26th March 2018