About the role
Do you have an interest in sustainability? Do you believe there is a lot more we all can do to protect our environment, reduce the impact of climate change and make our world a greener, cleaner and safer place to live? Are you keen to write about it?
If you have answered yes, we would like to know you more! Keep reading –
We are seeking an enthusiastic content marketing assistant with strong writing skills to enrich our websites and overall marketing mix with engaging sustainability content. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual who wants to be a part of a dynamic, passionate and growing sustainability team.
You will assist the marketing manager in the execution of content marketing campaigns and the development of all types of content – including website copies, newsletters, infographics, videos and podcasts. Along with writing content, you will be involved in a range of marketing activities, including social media management, content distribution, market research and CRM management. The marketing team is deeply integrated within the wider services teams and you should be comfortable collaborating with other team members and the management. You should also be excited to generate new ideas and take the initiative to learn about current and emerging marketing and sustainability trends.
On the job training will be offered though knowledge of digital marketing and one-year marketing experience is essential.
This a 3-months entry level role with automatic consideration for a permanent position. We are actively looking for candidates who will be successful and join the team permanently. You will be available to work for the full 3 months and must be able to commute to our office in Farringdon. We are looking for an immediate start.
- Develop quality blog posts and other content pieces to drive traffic, engagement, and leads
- Manage editorial calendar and ensure content is developed and published based on the set timelines
- Proofread and edit blog posts before publication
- Conduct keyword research and create content pieces based on SEO guidelines to increase web traffic
- Identify effective marketing channels to promote content
- Research new topics and sustainability trends (combining online sources, interviews and studies)
- Develop website copy and update website content as needed
- Identify speaking and exhibiting opportunities. Promote events through pre and post event content creation and social media promotion.
- Attend key sustainability events/ gatherings, take pictures for the website and social media
- Identify and connect with industry influencers on leading social media channels
- Update the CRM database and provide administrative support to management when required
Marketing: 1-2 years (Required)
- Good understanding of digital and content marketing
- High standard of copywriting, editing and proofreading
- Working knowledge of WordPress and basic HTML skills
- A good understanding of existing social media platforms, in particular, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram
- Basic understanding of SEO
- Knowledge of Google AdWords and Google Analytics preferred
- Must have a passion for marketing
- Familiarity with Salesforce/ Pardot would be a plus
- Good time-management skills
- Willingness to learn
- Great office culture
- An environment where you are encouraged to be creative and try new things
- Free training and progression opportunities
- Post-work drinks, events and socials
You will gain exposure to all aspects of a rapidly growing business along with on-the-job training. You will get to contribute to real marketing strategies and campaigns, and have your voice heard by the rest of the team.
Please send your CV and covering letter explaining why you would be the ideal candidate and why Carbon Smart is a great next step for you to email@example.com with the subject title “Content Marketing ”. Deadline 9th August.
CVs will be reviewed on a rolling basis giving preference to early applicants.
Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
About Carbon Smart
Carbon Smart is an employee-owned, sustainability consultancy. We work with corporate, public sector and smaller business clients to improve their environmental and social impact. We take immense pride in what we do and strive to help companies achieve the carbon-neutral dream.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all members of society.