Competitive salary and benefits – great team – lovely offices – make a difference
This is a fantastic opportunity at the heart of our business to build and develop a team of client service analysts working with some of the best-known organisations in the UK and internationally.
You will lead the Smart Information team to provide a comprehensive managed information service to our clients covering utilities, purchasing, travel, transport, waste, water and other business critical matters. In each area, our clients need to collect and manage significant information about their operations, their use of resources and their performance against targets and legislation. The work of the team runs from organising the collection of data from across client organisations, through initial data treatment and analysis, and the development of reports and dashboards.
You will report to the Managing Director and work closely with other managers in the company. You will be highly numerate, comfortable with Excel and database use and will have excellent client communication skills. Equally, you will be comfortable collaborating with our developers and know how to manage a growing team of bright and hardworking individuals. We have great ambitions for the team and are looking for someone who is ambitious, sets high standards and is looking for a job where growth and challenge are key.
We take personal progression very seriously and every member of the Carbon Smart team has a career plan, clear sight of potential promotions and salary increases, a training budget and support from a career champion. We also take equal opportunities seriously and are an equal opportunities employer.
Establish and run – you will bring together under one team, a number of different information services that we currently offer to our clients, establish and document a robust and clear way of working and manage the team to key performance targets.
Recruit and grow the team – we have a clear ambition to grow this team and you will work with the Managing Director and other managers to recruit and develop new members of the team. As the team grows so will your responsibilities.
Collaborate and innovate – you will work with the Managing Director to manage the interaction between the Smart Information team and other teams and help develop better, innovative ways of working across the business. You will also have a clear responsibility to help grow our overall business, contributing to management decisions and improvement projects in the company.
Identify and solve problems – every client is different and we pride ourselves on a high quality, client-focused approach. But you will need to make sure that your team tackles each challenge and solves each problem in a simple, clear and consistent way.
Engage and help – in contact with our clients you will encounter a wide range of people and needs. You will work with your team to engage with each client, help them to work well with the team and to make sure they are getting what they need from our service.
Learn and develop – we cover a wide range of sectors and a wide range of data sources and types. There is a huge amount to learn and a very significant opportunity to develop new skills and knowledge. We will support you in developing your understanding of the work we do, the clients we work with and the sustainability challenges they take on.
- High levels of numeracy and accuracy
- A strong understanding of designing and managing client facing business processes
- Strong attention to detail / high work standards
- Is motivated by working to targets
- Self-motivated and ambitious
- Great personal organisation and team management
- Highly proficient in Office applications working with technology
- Good communications skills ideally in a client facing environment
- Comfortable working with senior management
- 3-5 years’ experience in a team leadership role, managing a client information-based service (e.g. accounts, utilities, procurement)
- Experience of designing/ optimising business processes, setting standards and managing teams to standard ways of working, templates and data workflows
- Experience of client communication on technical and non-technical issues
- Experience with data assessment, identifying problems with data and working with clients to resolve problems
- Experience in recruiting, managing and training a team in a target led environment
- Experience of software integration/deployment (desirable)
- Previous exposure to energy or travel data (desirable)
- Minimum 3 A levels (or equivalent) at A*- B grades with at least one in science/maths based subject.
- Member of relevant professional bodies (desirable)
- Competitive salary
- Personal training budget
- Employee share scheme
- Flexible working
- Phone allowance
- A coach and regular personal development planning
- Great office in central London
To apply, please send a short cover letter and CV showing why you are a great candidate, why we are a good next step in your career and how you meet the skills and experience sought to email@example.com with the subject title “Client services manager” by the 31st May 2018.
We will not review your application without a cover letter and CV. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to an interview.