About the role
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a brand-new data management team, working with some of the best-known organisations in the UK and internationally. The data team provides a comprehensive managed information service to our clients covering utilities, purchasing, travel, transport, waste, water and other business critical matters. Our clients cover every aspect of the industry, from large retail groups to public sector organisations, financial institutions and charities.
You will be reporting into the Client Services Manager and will work closely with the consultants and analyst teams to deliver real value to our clients. The role includes all aspects of client data administration, from processing data received from clients, answering client queries and assisting the Client Data Specialists with complex client requirements.
This is an exciting time to join Carbon Smart and joining the data team will offer a genuine opportunity to shape the way the team works. We are interested in process-driven candidates who can work with a high degree of accuracy and understand the pressure of managing high volumes of confidential data.
Experience in the sustainability industry is not as important as the experience of processing client data and the associated challenges of managing client data.
We take personal progression very seriously and every member of the Carbon Smart team has a career plan, clear sight of potential promotions and salary increases, a training budget and support from a career champion. We also take equal opportunities seriously and are an equal opportunities employer.
Data management – the data team manage a very high volume of data on a daily basis and you will be working with a variety of data sources, across various sectors. Accurate and auditable data management is key to successful service delivery and your high standards will ensure the team are producing first-class deliverables to our clients.
Solving problems – as a member of the data team, your role includes advocating for both the business and our clients. You will often be the first person to identify issues that could impact the project delivery and will be expected to highlight issues and provide solutions that benefit the business and our clients.
Collaboration and education – you will be working closely with clients and colleagues who are not data specialists and your ability to explain technical issues in an accessible way will be essential.
Service improvement – we are a fast moving, agile business with a constant goal to improve our service offering. You will be working with your manager and the Client Data Specialists to create efficiencies and be comfortable implementing changes to your own way of working in order to embed improvements.
Commercial awareness – you will be working in a target driven environment and your attention to commercial factors will drive your priorities. You will be aware of the value of the data team’s contribution and be focused on delivering a high-value service to clients while protecting business interests.
- High levels of numeracy and accuracy
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to follow set processes under pressure
- Self-motivated and task-orientated
- Great time management and prioritisation skills; comfortable with managing multiple deadlines and priorities
- Highly proficient in Office applications
- Good communications skills; developed in a client facing environment
- 2 years’ experience in a data-driven role, processing high volume client data and information from a variety of sources, preferably in utilities, financial, travel, sustainability or similar industry
- Experience working collaboratively in a customer service environment e.g. managing client-facing shared inboxes and managing inbound calls
- Experience dealing with a variety of clients across various industries
- Experience in managing confidential client data
- Familiarity with ISO standards and environmental standards such as Greenhouse Gas Protocol and the CRC Energy Efficiency Scheme (desirable)
- Familiarity with the consulting industry
- Minimum 3 A levels (or equivalent), preferably with at least one in science/maths based subject
- Competitive salary
- Personal training budget
- Employee share scheme
- Flexible working
- Phone allowance
- A coach and regular personal development planning
- Great office in central London