Competitive salary and benefits – great team – make a difference – serious growth potential
About the role
Carbon Smart is a well established and recognised sustainability consultancy based in central London. Founded in 2007 we provide sustainability services across all major sectors to a broad range of well known and high profile clients. In a period of strong growth, we are looking to significantly enhance our outbound business development capability with this new appointment.
Working closely with the Directors and senior members of the service delivery team you will play a key role in Carbon Smart’s business development. Reporting directly to the Managing Director you will be responsible for developing relationships and winning new work with clients across all sustainability topics and sectors. You will work with members of the wider team to identify opportunities with existing clients and the open doors to new clients.
We take progression very seriously at Carbon Smart and the role has a significant opportunity for personal development. This role has a clear career path to senior manager and director level posts.
Business development strategy
- Actively collects intelligence about our the market, clients and competitors and develops business development plans to bring in new business
- Develops an understanding of our strengths and weaknesses in our market and is an effective participant in decisions to address these
- Works with service line leaders to plan business development and ensures its effective execution
- Works with Carbon Smart’s consultancy and data management teams to develop customer retention and growth plans for our existing clients
Business development activities
- Opens, nurtures and closes sales opportunities to meet targets, both personally and in collaboration with the wider team
- Seeks and attends face to face meetings and calls with prospective clients to meet targets
- Leads the writing of proposals for new and existing clients including tender responses
- Plans and carries out ongoing business development activities for engagement with new clients: attendance at external events, exhibitions, workshops, seminars, webinars, client briefings and partnerships. Supports the consultancy team to do the same
- Develops and enhances relationships with new and existing decision makers in our market
- Contributes to case studies, web content, email shots, brochures and other material as required
- Maintains and reports on performance metrics for our business development efforts through our CRM system
- Providing other support for the commercial development of Carbon Smart as required by the business
- You are motivated by results led position and personal progression
- You are an opinion former and use that position to achieve Carbon Smart objectives
- You can write and present clear, compelling arguments for our services
- You actively identify and influence clients’ expectations
- You are highly organised and a good organiser
- You have a strong presence and personal impact
- You have outstanding attention to detail and excellent writing, editing and overall communication skills.
- Some knowledge of sustainability is a bonus, but a personal commitment to what we do is vital
- You have 4+ years’ business development experience in professional services/ B2B and can demonstrate a track record of closing sales
- Applicants should hold a minimum 2:1 relevant degree from a leading university.
- Competitive salary, including pension
- Employee share scheme
- Personal training budget
- Smartphone/ laptop
- Great office in central London
- A coach and regular personal development planning