Energy Savings Opportunity Scheme (ESOS)
ESOS (Energy Savings Opportunity Scheme) Phase 2 is a mandatory energy assessment scheme, which requires large organisations to measure 100% of their energy consumption and conduct energy assessments by December 2019.
All eligible organisations are required to notify the Environment Agency of their compliance every four years. ESOS Phase 2 is a real opportunity for organisations to conduct an in-depth review of their energy use, identifying ways in which they can improve energy efficiency and make financial savings, whilst at the same time paving the way towards energy security and making efforts to tackle climate change.
Carbon Smart helped over 100 businesses to comply with ESOS phase 1, some of which were chosen for an audit by the Environment Agency – all of our audited ESOS assessments were approved with zero issues identified!
What do you need to do to comply?
- Measure all the energy your business consumes over a 12 month period that includes 31 December 2018
- Audit 90% of your energy usage and identify options for using less of it
- Compile an evidence pack with the data you have collected
- Appoint an approved ESOS Lead Assessor to sign off the final report
- Tell the Environment Agency you have complied by 5 December 2019.
Why comply now?
- Realise the energy and cost savings of our recommendations now
- Generate positive stories for your reporting & disclosure e.g. additional CDP points are available for identified emissions reduction activities
- Protect yourself against a shortage of Lead Assessors
- Save money by spreading the cost across multiple years.
Our approved Lead Assessors can sign off your final report.