Energy Savings Opportunity Scheme (ESOS)
ESOS (Energy Savings Opportunity Scheme) involves a compulsory energy assessment which large organisations were required to carry out by December 2015. While the deadline has passed, enforcement notices are being sent by the Environment Agency to organisations which didn’t comply. Carbon Smart has worked with over 100 businesses to comply with the Dec. 2015 deadline and is currently helping organisations that had not yet complied.
What do you need to do to comply?
- Measure all the energy your business consumes over a 12 month period that includes 31st December 2014
- Audit 90% of your energy usage and identify options for using less of it
- Compile an evidence pack with the data you have collected
- Appoint an approved ESOS Lead Assessor to sign off the final report
- Tell the Environment Agency you have complied by 5th December 2015
We have approved Lead Assessors on our team who can sign off your final report.